Centennial Academy is committed to providing your scholar with an experience that builds academic and 21st century success skills to support life-long learning habits.
Our teaching is aligned with Georgia and national content standards, and our educators bring those standards to life through hands‐on learning experiences designed to meet individual learning needs.
In the classroom, scholars are active participants in the learning process through exploring, thinking critically, asking questions, and solving real world problems.
What is Project Based Learning?
- Project Based Learning (PBL) is a model and framework of teaching and learning in which scholars acquire content knowledge and skills in order to answer questions based on an authentic challenge, need, problem or concern.
- All Scholars K-8 engage in collaborative projects throughout the year.
- Teachers receive ongoing professional development to increase their knowledge base of PBL.
- Our scholars have been featured on Atlanta and Co for the last 4 years.
- There is a 1:1 technology ratio for all scholars and all classrooms are equipped with smart boards to aid in instruction.
All of our programs are high quality and research based. We vet our curriculum resources annually and analyze our data to ensure that they continue to be a great fit for our scholars. The Georgia Standards of excellence drive our instruction.