A Legend is an alum of Centennial Academy and epitomizes our vision of graduating scholars who are high achievers, critical thinkers, lifelong learners, and ethical leaders in a global society.
This year, Centennial Academy launched its inaugural Centennial to College Scholarship Fund. The K-8 STEAM charter school in downtown Atlanta awarded 19 scholars from its 2017 graduating middle school Legacy Class with $1,000 scholarships to assist with books and other post-secondary associated fees. Each awardee has graduated from high school and plans to continue their education through an undergraduate degree program or certification from an accredited college, university, or technical school.
"We are honored to give back to scholars from our Legacy Class. These scholarship recipients have worked extremely hard and embody what it means to be a Centennial Academy Legend. We wish them continued success and hope that they find their college experience enriching and fulfilling." Tequila Lamar, Head of School.
Centennial Academy plans to continue this tradition and award future graduates with scholarships on an annual basis.
"My time at Centennial Academy helped make me into the leader that I am today. In one word, I would describe my experience there as rewarding. I made friends and memories that will last a lifetime. I also learned key skills like time management, organization, and how to prioritize during my time as a Hero. This scholarship from Centennial means so much to me because it shows that they still care and I can always count on them to encourage me to achieve my goals." Kennedy, Centennial Academy Legend C/O 2017.
Congratulations to this year's scholarship recipients:
- James Bond, Morehouse College
- David Clemons, Fort Valley State University
- Patrick Daniel, Bard College
- Jayla Daniel, Atlanta Metropolitan College
- Kendal Duff, Parsons School of Design
- Karissa Ferrell-Hinkle, Xavier University
- Jibri Flood, SAE Institute
- Hollis Fluker, Bard College
- Irie Niko Francis, University of Tennessee
- Nhalay-Lydia Graham, Georgia Southern University
- Esther Green, New York University
- Kennedy Jackson, Huntingdon College
- Taj McKnight, Howard University
- Jordyn Morton, Savannah State University
- Angel Osorio Maldonado, University of Georgia
- Kinsley Parks, Howard University
- Kiera Randall, Columbus State University
- Johnnie Whitt, Georgia State University
- Johntavious Yearby, Louisiana State University
Please visit Centennial Academy social media channels all week for Legend Profiles. To contribute to the Centennial Academy Scholarship Fund, please Click Here.