Centennial Academy welcomes parents and community members to volunteer and engage with the school! If you don’t see an opportunity on this list, it just means we have not thought of it yet – contact us with ideas and other opportunities.
If you have just a few minutes:
- Classroom Support – Cut shapes, sort items, organize supplies, file papers. The teachers could use your help anytime!
- Morning Monitor – Help write tardy passes in the morning and then get students off to their classroom for the day.
- Lost & Found Organization – Keep Ms. Chandler, Parent Liaison, from being eaten alive by our students’ discarded clothing!
- Uniform Closet – Support our students by making sure there are plenty of ready options should someone have an unfortunate spill or rips their pants.
- These volunteer activities require NO prior signup. Just sign in and see Lorrie Martin in the front atrium for a daily opportunity.
If you have a little extra time on your hands:
- Carpool Dads – Support carpool in the morning or afternoon, based on your availability. 7:30-8:15am and 2:45-3:30pm. Just show up or contact email@example.com.
- Weekly Distribution Support – Help prepare the weekly hard copy distribution – Tuesday preparation, Wednesday distribution. See Ms. Chandler, Parent Liaison in the Parent Center.
- Café Monitors – Support our teachers in the cafeteria during any lunchtime. This is a great way to get to know other students at Centennial.
- Fieldtrip Chaperone – Parents are encouraged to help us support safe and secure offsite opportunities for the students. Chaperone training is provided two days every month in the morning and afternoon and before PTA meetings. Check the Community Calendar for dates or contact Dr. Stinson for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PTA Events and Committees – PTA is always seeking volunteers for their various activities. Email email@example.com to sign up or for more information.
We are open to all sorts of opportunities. Do you have a particular expertise and want to share? We can use you! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your ideas.