ATHLETICS PROGRAM CORE VALUES
ExcellenceBy offering a variety of team experiences, we foster a culture of opportunity and discovery in which students gain practice at developing vision and showing courage to become positive impactful leaders. As students learn lessons in sportsmanship, teamwork, competition and how to win and lose gracefully, they develop a healthy life-style as well as a strong sense of self.
Collaboration, Community, IntegrityThese student experiences will help to positively develop students physically, mentally, socially and emotionally. Competitive activities also improve school spirit and help students develop and strengthen a sense of pride in community. Although student participation in athletic activities contributes to the development of individual critical thinking skills and emotional well-being, participation on teams is a community effort, and, therefore, a privilege. Students must recognize that this privilege carries with it responsibilities to self, family, teammates, team, Centennial Academy and the entire community of Heroes we represent.
Eligibility RequirementsIn order to do our best to ensure the safety and educative value for the children who participate in these school-sponsored activities, we require adherence to certain responsibilities and regulations as follows:
- Academic Eligibility: All students must maintain a passing grade in all subjects in order to participate in co-curricular activities that might take them away from regular study, remediation, and/or tutoring opportunities.
- Attendance: The student must be in school 95% of the days enrolled. In order to participate in practices and games, the student must be present at school for the majority of the school day on the day in question. If a student has been absent and wishes to participate in activities, s/he must have the absence excused by receiving permission from the Associate Head of School.
- Behavior / Citizenship: Students must be in good disciplinary standing and abide by school rules and classroom expectations.
- Physicals: Athletic physicals are required on a yearly basis. The Pre-participation Physical Examination Forms must be accepted by the School Nurse prior to any participation in school-sponsored activities. Centennial Academy uses the form provided by the Georgia High School Association, which must be completed by a licensed physician.
- Athletic Physical Examination Form.pdf
- Parental Engagement: In order to understand the philosophy, standards, safety measures, risks, and educational approach, parents are asked to attend to one or more of the following informational sources:
- Parent Athletic Season Meeting held prior to each of the Fall, Winter and Spring athletic seasons
- Meeting with the Athletic Director (by appointment)
- Age: Must not participate if he/she becomes 16 years of age on or before May 1st of the current academic year.
Cross Country Meets 2017-2018
The meet dates are as follows:
8/30 /2017 at Brookhaven Park
9/5/2017 at AIS
9/7/2017 at Brookhaven Park
9/13/2017 at Cliff Valley
9/19/2017 at The Howard School
9/27/2017 at Heritage
3rd -5th Grades at Piedmont Park
For more Cross Country information contact
Girls and Boys Basketball Try-outs
September 11th - 15th 2017
Allen Henderson (Girls)
Ryan Mohammed (Boys)